Vacancy: Strength & Conditioning Coach
August 19, 2022
Job Title: Strength & Conditioning Coach
Organisation: Cornwall Rugby League Football Club
Location: Memorial Ground, Kernick Road, Penryn, Cornwall
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Hours: This is a part time role which will include working early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Closing Date For Applications: 9.00am on Monday, September 5, 2022
Cornwall RLFC are a professional rugby league club playing in Betfred League 1 – the third tier of rugby league’s professional structure in the United Kingdom.
The club were formed in November 2021 and after establishing in League 1, are looking to build on solid foundations laid during our debut year.
We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated strength and conditioning coach to join our existing football department.
The successful candidate will work with our existing coaching team to design and deliver a strength and conditioning programme to the senior squad.
The successful candidate will report directly to the head coach and will also be required to work collaboratively with other coaching staff and the club’s medical teams.
This role is ideal for a recent strength and conditioning graduate or suitable person looking to supplement further their strength and conditioning studies with a role in professional sport.
Day to day responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Lead the senior squad’s field and gym strength and conditioning provision.
· Lead the running of senior squad matchday strength and conditioning provision.
· Provide an evidence based approach to all training prescriptions.
· Maintain strength and conditioning databases with relevant training loads.
· Work as part of a multi disciplinary team.
· General upkeep of equipment and environment.
· Full compliance with Club and RFL standards.
Day to day behaviours expected:
· A desire to help the club be successful and continue to grow.
· Impeccable punctuality and organisational skills
· Unwavering work ethic.
· A drive to continually improve.
· The confidence to lead in all aspects of strength and conditioning.
· BSc in Sports Science/Strength & Conditioning.
· A full UK driving licence.
· MSc in Sports Science/Strength & Conditioning.
· Minimum one year’s experience working/volunteering in a professional sporting environment.
· A recognised accreditation (UKSCA, NSCA, etc) or the ability to complete one within six months.
· Prior experience of working/volunteering at a rugby league club.
· Prior experience of using Catapult GPS software.
· Prior experience of data entry and reporting.