Club Doctor Job Vacancy for Forthcoming Betfred League 1 Season
March 8, 2022
Cornwall RLFC require a club doctor for our forthcoming Betfred League 1 season.
This paid role will require the successful candidate to attend all of our home matches during 2022. These games will be played on Saturday’s and Sunday’s starting on April 10, with the last match taking place on August 21 – excluding any potential play-off matches.
The club doctor will work alongside our club officials coaching staff and players. He or she must therefore possess excellent communication skills to undertake this role to the highest standards possible.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Assess injuries and treat accordingly.
- Manage concussion injuries whilst adhering to Rugby Football League (RFL) guidelines and head injury assessment protocols.
- Manage injuries where players suffer a major trauma.
- Fully document any treatment in line with professional requirements and criteria.
- Registered fully with the General Medical Council.
- Hold personal professional indemnity insurance.
- Appropriate governing/professional body memberships.
- Commit to obtain the RFL’s Immediate Medical Management on The Field of Play (IMMOFP) qualification if not in possession of this already. An equivalent qualification from the Rugby Football Union or Football Association, for example, is also deemed sufficient.
Desirable requirements for this role:
- Experience of carrying out a similar role in a similar sporting environment.
- Knowledge of typical injuries suffered in a high-intensity collision sport such as rugby league.
- Hold a diploma in sports medicine or equivalent.
- Experience of overseeing a small team of medical personnel.
- Managing sporting injuries by adopting an evidence-based approach.
- Match fees to be discussed with potential candidates during and after the interview process.
How to apply:
- Please forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our general manager John Beach – .
- Interviews will be arranged with prospective candidates as soon as we receive their CV and covering letter.
- For more information on this role, once again, please contact general manager John Beach on the above email address.